Rear-End Car Accident Attorneys in Naperville, Illinois
The most common type of car crash in the United States is a rear-end collision. At The Collins Law Firm, our car accident attorneys regularly represent victims of rear-end crashes. We fight to get each and every client the compensation they are entitled to when they are injured in a car accident.
Rear-end accidents—which are usually the fault of the rear-most car-- are typically the result of distracted driving, which means they are preventable. Despite this fact, these car crashes continue to send people to the hospital with injuries. If you have been injured in a rear-end accident caused by a negligent or distracted driver, you deserve to be compensated. The other driver’s insurance company, however, will try to prevent this from happening. To level the playing field, you will need the tough, trusted car accident lawyers at The Collins Law Firm on your side. Our personal injury attorneys have years of experience representing the victims of rear-end accidents and have recovered millions in compensation for clients just like you. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.Rear-End Collision Statistics
Rear-end collisions are the most common type of traffic accident, accounting for about 29% of all car accidents in the U.S. and resulting in about 1.7 million crashes a year. Generally, these types of accidents are not as dangerous as other kinds of car crashes; however, rear-end collisions do sometimes result in very serious injuries if not death. The severity of a rear-end accident depends on the size and speed of the vehicles involved. Sadly, about 500,000 people are injured in rear-end collisions every year and another 1,700 are killed.What Kind of Injuries are Common?
While these types of car accidents do not usually result in serious injury, they certainly can. They can also cause psychological damage to those who have been involved in the crash. The most common injuries caused by a rear-end collisions are:
- neck and back injuries
- facial disfigurement
- traumatic brain injuries
- spine and spinal cord injuries
- broken bones
- total or partial paralysis
- wrist and arm injuries
In the immediate aftermath of a car crash, you may be stressed and feel as if you are unable to focus on anything. But, if you are able, there are several steps you can take to help yourself and your case in the minutes after an accident.
- Call an ambulance: The most important thing to do is to seek medical attention if you are injured. Even if you do not feel like you are seriously hurt, adrenaline may be masking the pain of the injuries you have sustained. Err on the side of caution.
- Exchange information with the other driver. You’ll want to make sure you get a name, phone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information.
- Call the police and make sure to tell the investigating officer your side of the story to the best of your ability. After the accident, obtain a copy of the police report. You may need this if you intend to make a personal injury claim
- Gather evidence at the scene of the crash. Take photos of the vehicle damage, the scene, and any visible injuries; talk to witnesses and get their names and contact information; write down the details of the accident before you forget them.
- Follow up with a doctor if you are in pain or feel unwell, even if you don’t start to notice the discomfort until the days following the accident. Some injuries take days to present symptoms. A medical professional can determine whether you have sustained any injuries.
- Keep all documents related to the accident. This will include all medical bills, proof of lost wages, car repair invoices, etc. These documents will be required to prove damages. You should also keep a journal of the accident and its effects on you.
- Finally, do not talk to the other driver's insurance company or lawyers, these people are trying to get you to say things that will hurt your case. Have a car accident lawyer talk to the insurance company for you.
Following these steps will allow your attorney to build the best possible personal injury case for you.Why Call The Collins Law Firm Car Accident Lawyers?
If you or someone you know has been injured in a rear-end collision, you will need an attorney on your side fighting for your rights. Studies have shown that car crash victims without lawyers receive less in compensation than those who have an attorney. At The Collins Law Firm, we know how to investigate car accident cases and access every insurance policy available. We also have the financial resources to hire experts when necessary to recreate a crash and determine who was at fault. With our resources and track record of success, our car accident attorneys will ensure that you get justice and the compensation you deserve. Fill out our contact form or call us at (630) 527-1595 for a FREE evaluation of your car accident case.