Business Law Attorneys
When you have a business problem that requires legal attention, you need a lawyer who understands business. You need a business attorney who realizes that a legal disagreement has the potential to destroy a company if not handled properly. At The Collins Law Firm, our commercial lawyers know how to guide you through any business conflict you are facing. We have been representing business owners, officers, directors and CEOs for years. In 2019 alone, our business division helped our clients complete $45 million in business transactions; documented and closed in excess of $200 million in commercial loans; and achieved a total of $201.24 million in commercial litigation victories, including:
- $180.3 million in commercial defense wins
- $15.24 million in recoveries for commercial clients
- $5.7 million in defense trial verdicts
Our Naperville business attorneys are focused on finding the best solution for you and your company. With our wealth of experience, we know how to represent you aggressively in litigation if that will get the best results, or we can negotiate or mediate if the situation warrants it. We know how to defend you and your company against legal attacks and how to go on the offensive if anyone has harmed your company or reneged on a deal. Ultimately, our goal is to solve your business problem efficiently, without damaging your company or your reputation.
Our experienced lawyers can handle all of your business concerns, including:
- Business litigation: Sometimes, unfortunately, the only option in a business dispute is to litigate. Our experienced commercial litigation attorneys know how and when to make that decision, and how to argue your case in court and win.
- High Stakes Litigation: When your business is on the line, you need a lawyer who does not back down in a fight. Our litigation attorneys are prepared to fight for your rights aggressively through trial, especially when your company is at stake.
- Breach of Contract: Business is built on contracts between parties. Our experience in drafting contracts helps us litigate on your behalf when another party breaches your contract.
- Partnership Disputes: When partners have a disagreement, our attorneys analyze the situation and advise our clients on how to resolve the problem and fix the partnership if possible or how to dissolve the partnership if necessary.
- Real Estate: We pride ourselves on our ability to put together commercial real estate deals for our clients. Whether you are a first-time home buyer or a developer planning a large retail complex, our experience is essential to getting your deal closed.
- Banking and Finance: We have a team of attorneys with a wealth of experience in banking and finance law. We help numerous banks and financial institutions with all of their legal needs.
- Business Transactions: Our experienced lawyers can help you with important business transactions like contracts. Good contracts are essential to protecting your business, and our transaction lawyers are well versed in writing contracts that ensure our clients’ rights are protected.
- Intellectual Property: Individuals and companies need help protecting their inventions. If another company has infringed on your patent, you need our experienced patent attorneys to fight for your share of any profits made off of your stolen idea.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Selling your company or merging two companies together can be extremely complex. Our business law attorneys can help you navigate all the legal aspects involved in closing your transaction successfully.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: Partners owe each other and their company a duty to act in their best interest. If a partner violates that duty, and the company suffers harm as a result, our attorneys will vigorously advocate to recover damages and get injunctive relief when appropriate.
Our experienced business attorneys help businesses with these and more legal issues. We also act as general counsel to several businesses and represent national companies in all their legal matters.
Running a business is extremely time–consuming and complex. You need to focus your energy and attention on making your business succeed; you don’t have time to worry about legal issues affecting your company, too. With the experienced Naperville business attorneys of The Collins Law Firm advising you, you won’t have to. If you are a business owner with a serious legal issue, give us a call at 630-527-1595. We can take care of your legal problems so you can get back to business.