Naperville Car Accident Lawyers
Being in a serious car crash is a frightening and terrible experience. Here at The Collins Law Firm, our compassionate auto accident attorneys understand the devastation that a terrible car accident can cause, and we are committed to helping you get your life back on track. When you choose us to represent you, a dedicated injury lawyer will be by your side every step of the way, fighting for you so you can focus on your recovery. You will work directly with an experienced Naperville car accident attorney who is committed to giving you the personalized service, attention to detail, and regular communication that you and your case deserve. Our car accident clients seek us out because we put their needs first and have the experience and ability to get justice for them. Call us at (630) 527-1595 for the most dedicated, aggressive representation available.Types of Car Accident Injuries
Tragically, thousands of car accidents happen in Naperville every year. As a result, hundreds of people are injured, and some people die. These injuries range from minor injuries like bruising and soft tissue damage to very serious injuries such as broken bones, head injuries, spine injuries, and internal organ damage. In the most severe car crashes, disability, disfigurement, or even death can occur. Every year the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) prepares reports on auto accidents in Illinois, including City Summary Crash Reports for every municipality in the state. These reports contain detailed information about the different car accidents that occurred and the resulting injuries. IDOT puts car crash injuries into three categories based on severity:
- A-Injury: These injuries are the most severe. They are incapacitating injuries that prevent a person from walking, driving, or performing normal activities. They include broken bones, skull or chest injuries, severe lacerations, and abdominal injuries.
- B-Injury: An injury that is visible to others at the scene of the crash but that is not incapacitating. This includes a lump on the head, bruises, abrasions, and minor lacerations.
- C-Injury: An injury that is not immediately apparent. This could include temporary unconsciousness, claims of injuries that are not evident, limping, complaints of pain, nausea, and hysteria.
Beyond the emotional and physical impact of an auto accident, there are economic costs as well, such as lost wages and productivity, medical expenses, and auto damage, etc. The National Safety Council estimates the average of these economic costs for a fatality at $1,659,000 and a disabling accident at $92,600. At The Collins Law Firm, we fight to recover all of our client’s damages, whether they are for pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, loss of companionship, disability, disfigurement, or wrongful death.Naperville Car Crash and Injury Statistics
According to IDOT's 2021 City Summary Crash report for Naperville:
- There were 1,876 Naperville car accidents involving 3,708 vehicles. 469 of these accidents resulted in injuries.
- A total of 627 people were injured in car crashes in Naperville and 6 people were killed. 36 of the injuries were severe, being classified by IDOT as A injuries, 400 were classified as B injuries, and 191 were C injuries.
- Surprisingly, bad weather was only to blame in 310 of the Naperville car accidents; the other 1,566 accidents happened in clear weather.
- More accidents happened in daylight hours than nighttime hours, with the majority of car accidents happening between noon and 7 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday were the most dangerous days of the week for driving in Naperville, with 64.77% of all accidents occurring on these days than Saturday through Monday. Sunday was the safest day to drive in Naperville.
- Drivers aged 22-59 accounted for the highest number of accidents in Naperville. However, women and men aged 25-29 had more car accidents than any other age group in Naperville.
- Only 43 alcohol-impaired drivers were involved in Naperville 2021 car crashes and only 10 drivers were involved in drugs. These incidents resulted in only 16 people with injuries and 1 fatality.
- 1216 of the 1876 crashes occurred on minor arterial roads while the rest occurred in urban interstate tolls and major local roads and streets.
- While accidents involving cyclists and pedestrians are very few, 18 and 15 respectively, most of the accidents resulted in injuries. 17 injuries (94%) involved pedal cyclists and 15 injuries (100%) involved pedestrians.
- Rear-end collisions: These are the most common type of car accidents in Naperville, accounting for 695 car crashes in 2021. As a result, 227 people were injured, and 3 were killed when they were hit from behind.
- Turning accidents: The second most common type of car crash in Naperville is accidents involving turning. In 2021, they accounted for 443 collisions, 197 total injuries, 8 severe injuries, and 1 fatality.
- Sideswipe accidents: These accidents are the third most common in Naperville, however, they do not generally cause as many injuries. Twenty-three injuries resulted from the 203 sideswipe accidents in Naperville in 2021
- Angle accidents: These kinds of accidents, where a car strikes another vehicle at an angle, fell to fourth place in Naperville in 2021, accounting for 176 car crashes and 81 injuries, including only 2 serious A-injuries.
- Crashes with a Fixed Object: In 2021, 149 people collided with a fixed object in Naperville, causing a total of 44 injuries, 11 severe injuries, and 2 deaths.
- Collisions with a Parked Car: This type of accident happened 67 times in Naperville in 2021. However, these crashes only resulted in 2 injuries.
Naperville is surrounded on three sides by highways, which makes the city easily accessible, but which also adds to the number of car crashes. The major interstates near Naperville are:
- Interstate 355, the Veterans Memorial Highway, runs just east of Naperville, connecting I-55, which is south of Naperville, to I-88 just north of Naperville.
- Interstate 88, the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway, which is just north of Naperville is used by thousands of commuters heading into and out of Chicago.
- Interstate 55, the Stevenson Expressway, to the south of Naperville is also very busy with commuters.
These interstates are extremely busy and account for a number of accidents each year. However, data shows that city streets in Naperville can also be deadly. Some of the most dangerous streets in Naperville include:
- Route 59, On the city’s west side, Route 59 is lined with businesses and serves as a major north-south thoroughfare for Naperville, Aurora, Warrenville, and Plainfield which explains why it is always packed with traffic.
- Ogden Avenue, A commercial corridor on the north side, Ogden Avenue is heavily trafficked during the day.
- 75th street. This major east-west thoroughfare in Naperville sees lots of traffic all day including a heavy truck presence and traffic jams at rush hour.
The volume of traffic on these streets increases the likelihood of car accidents and helps explain why some of the intersections on these roads account for many of the city’s car crashes. If you live in Naperville it is impossible to avoid these streets and intersections, but you should drive defensively when navigating these crowded roadways. For more information on Naperville’s most dangerous intersections, click here.
Why Should You Hire Us?
Our team of dedicated car accident lawyers has a track record of success helping victims just like you. Because they focus on injury cases, our attorneys know what they are doing and how to get the best possible outcome for clients. Look at our reviews and our awards; we are recognized for excellence by clients and the legal community. Check out our results, which are the product of hours of hard work and preparation coupled with aggressive representation in settlement negotiations, mediations, and court. We will manage your entire case, so you can focus on recovering. Our Naperville car crash lawyers will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your accident to determine fault.
- Analyze the value of your claim and all available insurance policies.
- Gather all necessary documents, corroborating evidence, and witness statements.
- Advocate fiercely on your behalf to maximize the value of your claim.
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to secure the best compensation available.
- Represent you in court if the insurance company refuses to settle.
- Recover damages for: medical bills (including hospitalization, doctor bills, surgery, medication, medical equipment, physical therapy, and psychological counseling), past and future lost wages, pain and suffering, diminished quality of life, disfigurement, and wrongful death if applicable.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Naperville, you deserve a local lawyer who is highly rated, respected, honest, and hard-working. That’s why you need to call The Collins Law Firm. Our car accident attorneys are all of the above, plus caring and compassionate with clients and tough and aggressive with the defendant’s lawyers and insurance company when necessary. Our motto “When You Need a Lawyer to Fight for You” is not just a slogan; it’s what we believe in. Moreover, you will owe us nothing unless we win your case, so you have nothing to lose. Call us (630) 527-1595 or fill out our contact form for a FREE consultation with a car accident lawyer today.Car Accident FAQs