Villa at Windsor Park is located at 2649 E 75th St in Chicago, Illinois, and is a large, for-profit nursing home. They have 240 certified beds and participate in Medicare and Medicaid programs. As of May 24, 2020, 143 cases of COVID-19 have been reported among residents and staff at Villa at Windsor Park, and, sadly, 33 residents have died.
Medicare.gov gives Villa at Windsor Park two out of five stars (below average) based on health inspections and staffing levels. Regarding staffing, Villa at Windsor Park falls significantly short of the national average. Residents of Villa at Windsor Park receive care from a registered nurse for only 16 minutes per day; the national average is 41 minutes. Additionally, residents receive care from a nursing aide for only 1 hour and 43 minutes a day, compared to a national average of 2 hours and 18 minutes a day.
Illinois Department of Public Health Citations
Villa at Windsor Park was cited by IDPH in the 3rd quarter report in 2019 for failing to adhere to the following regulations:
- Have written policies and procedures governing all services provided by the facility.
- The facility must develop and implement a comprehensive care plan for each resident with participation from the resident and their guardian or representative.
- Provide the necessary care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychological well-being of each resident.
- Provide 24/7 nursing care.
- Mechanical systems shall be maintained to ensure they are in proper working order and can be operated safely.
- An owner, licensee, administrator, employee, or agent of the facility shall not abuse or neglect the residents.
Medicare Health Inspections
Villa at Windsor Park has been cited 12 times in the past 3 years because of complaints by–or on behalf of–residents. Government health inspections performed over the last three years found 11 deficiencies in 2019, 10 deficiencies in 2018, and 8 in 2017. Villa at Windsor Park’s 2019 health inspection found the following deficiencies:
- Coordinate assessments with the pre-admission screening and resident review program; and referring for services as needed.
- Honor each resident’s preferences, choices, values, and beliefs.
- Provide appropriate treatment and care according to a physician’s orders, resident’s preferences, and health goals.
- Provide pharmaceutical services to meet the needs of all residents and employ or obtain service from a licensed pharmacist for this purpose.
- Ensure all drugs and biologicals are labeled in accordance with currently accepted professional principles; and all drugs and biologicals are stored separately in locked compartments.
- Ensure therapeutic diets are prescribed by the attending physician, or a registered or licensed dietitian, to the extent allowed by State law.
- Procure, store, prepare, distribute, and serve food in accordance with professional standards.
- Provide and implement an infection prevention and control program.
- Make sure that a working call system is available in each resident’s bathroom and bathing area.
We Are Investigating COVID-19 Nursing Home Negligence Claims
If your loved one has passed away due to a COVID-19 infection or another cause, or if he or she is suffering from an injury or infection which you believe is due to abuse or negligence at Villa at Windsor Park, there is help available. Contact the compassionate nursing home attorneys at The Collins Law Firm as soon as possible. We can help you determine if your loved one is in an unsafe situation and if you have a claim against the nursing home. Fill out our contact form or call us at (630) 527-1595 for a FREE evaluation of your case today.