Located in Hinsdale, Illinois, Manorcare of Hinsdale is a large nursing home with 202 certified beds. They are a non-profit nursing home and participate in both Medicare and Medicaid programs. Manorcare of Hinsdale is facing a major COVID-19 outbreak like other nursing homes in Illinois. Between residents and staff there have been 164 COVID-19 infections and 27 deaths as of May 23, 2020.
Manorcare of Hinsdale receives an average rating, three out of five stars, based on health inspections and staffing levels from medicare.gov. Staffing levels at Manorcare of Hinsdale are above the state average and only slightly below the national averages. U.S. News & World Report also gives Manorcare of Hinsdale 3 out of 5 stars. However, they rate the facility a 1 out of 3 for long-term care based on lower than average vaccination rates and pressure sore prevention.
Government Health Inspections
Manorcare of Hinsdale has received 14 complaints in the last 3 years on behalf of residents or others that resulted in citations. Government health inspections found a number of deficiencies over the last three years, 19 in 2019, 11 in 2018, and 17 in 2017. The most recent health inspection of Manorcare in Hinsdale was conducted in 2019 and found that the facility failed to:
- Honor the resident’s right to request, refuse, and/or discontinue treatment, to participate in or refuse to participate in experimental research, and to formulate an advance directive.
- Provide and implement an infection prevention and control program.
- Provide assistance to residents to help them performing activities of daily living if they are unable.
- Ensure that the nursing home is free from accident hazards and provides adequate supervision to prevent residents from having an accident.
- Provide appropriate care to prevent urinary tract infections, appropriate care for residents who are continent or incontinent of bowel/bladder, and appropriate catheter care.
- Provide appropriate colostomy, urostomy, or ileostomy care/services for a resident who requires such services.
- Provide safe and appropriate respiratory care for a resident when needed.
- Provide safe, appropriate pain management for a resident who requires such services.
- Implement gradual dose reductions(GDR) and non-pharmacological interventions, unless contraindicated, before initiating or instead of continuing psychotropic medication; and PRN orders for psychotropic medications are only used when the medication is necessary and PRN use is limited.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for flu and pneumonia vaccinations.
Investigating COVID-19 Nursing Home Negligence Lawsuits
If your loved one has a serious infection or injury that you suspect is due to negligence or abuse at Manorcare of Hinsdale, or if a relative has recently passed away due to COVID-19 or another cause while residing at the facility, you need to speak to an experienced lawyer. Contact the nursing home attorneys at The Collins Law Firm. We can investigate the situation, determine if you have a case, and begin working for you. Fill out our contact form or call us at (630) 527-1595 for a FREE evaluation of your nursing home claim. Your loved one deserves the best.