Alden Estates of Naperville is a for-profit nursing home located at 1525 Oxford Lane in Naperville, Illinois. They participate in Medicaid and Medicare programs and have 203 certified beds. They are one of many Illinois nursing homes facing a severe outbreak of COVID-19. As of May 23, 2020, a reported 91 residents and staff have tested positive for COVID-19 and 21 people have died.
Alden Estates of Naperville receives two out of five stars (below average) on Medicare.gov based on recent staffing levels and health inspections. While residents received an adequate amount of nursing care, they received an hour less time per day from nursing aides than the national average.
A Medicare health inspection in 2019 found 11 health deficiencies; 21 deficiencies were found in 2018, and 17 deficiencies were found in 2017. In the last 3 years, Alden Estates of Naperville has had 16 complaints filed by residents or others that resulted in citations. Their 2019 health inspection found that the facility failed to:
- Accommodate the needs and preferences of each resident, within reason.
- Provide and implement an effective infection prevention and control program.
- Provide appropriate care for bedsores and procedures to prevent new bedsores from occurring.
- Ensure that the nursing home is adequately supervised and free of hazards to prevent accidents.
- Ensure that residents’ personal and medical records are kept private and confidential.
- Use physical restraints only when medically necessary.
- Provide care and assistance to perform daily living for residents who are unable to do so themselves.
- Ensure that activities are provided to meet all residents’ needs.
- Provide appropriate treatment and care according to orders, resident’s desires, and goals.
- Provide appropriate care for incontinent residents, appropriate catheter care, and appropriate care to prevent urinary tract infections.
- Ensure that residents and their doctors are meeting in person at all necessary visits.
Call Us to Determine if You Have a COVID-19 Nursing Home Lawsuit
If your loved one has an injury or infection which you suspect is the result of abuse or negligence at Alden Estates of Naperville, or if they have passed away from COVID-19 while residing at the facility, contact the Illinois nursing home attorneys at The Collins Law Firm as soon as possible. Fill out our contact form here or call us at (630) 527-1595 for a FREE evaluation of your case. Your loved ones deserve justice.
For more information on COVID-19 at Chicago -area nursing homes, please read our nursing home blog.